English UK Voice Prompts
As the Incredible PBX telephone system is built on the foundation of Asterisk which by default comes with English US voice prompts, you will have to carry out some direct system level modifications. Asterisk is an extremely versatile communications tool kit with modular components & is the foundations of many telephone systems around the world hence it has been made very possible to swap the default local language & dialect by using voice prompt files from one of the many free online resource sites.
In order to do so you will need to once again use a terminal window to log directly into the system. In our example we will use the free voice prompt files made available from the following website www.tel.net/voice.html where you will also find a donate button should wish to make a small contribution to help keep this free resource available for all to use.
Once you have opened your terminal windows & accessed the system via ssh or putty you will need to carry out the following commands one line at a time.
- cd /var/lib/asterisk/sounds
- mkdir en_UK
- cd en_UK
- wget http://www.tel.net/asterisk-sounds/Asterisk-UKEnglish-BaseSounds-v1.2-gsm.tar.gz
- wget http://www.tel.net/asterisk-sounds/Asterisk-UKEnglish-AdditionalSounds-v1.2-gsm.tar.gz
- wget http://www.tel.net/asterisk-sounds/Asterisk-UKEnglish-BaseSounds-HashVer-v1.2-gsm.tar.gz
- wget http://www.tel.net/asterisk-sounds/Asterisk-UKEnglish-AdditionalSounds-HashVer-v1.2-gsm.tar.gz
- tar -xvf Asterisk-UKEnglish-AdditionalSounds-HashVer-v1.2-gsm.tar.gz
- tar -xvf Asterisk-UKEnglish-AdditionalSounds-v1.2-gsm.tar.gz
- tar -xvf Asterisk-UKEnglish-BaseSounds-HashVer-v1.2-gsm.tar.gz
- tar -xvf Asterisk-UKEnglish-BaseSounds-v1.2-gsm.tar.gz
- chown asterisk:asterisk *
Once this has been successfully completed
go to GUI webadmin
settings > Asterisk SIP Settings > Chan SIP - Language
enter the directory name en_UK
Click on Submit
Click on Apply Config (at the top of the page)
Your system should now be actively running with English UK voice prompts.
- DIY Telephone System For Home & Small Business Use Introduction
- DIY Telephone System Part 1 - Preparing The Incredible PBX Micro SD Card
- DIY Telephone System Part 2 - Logging Into Your Telephone System
- DIY Telephone System Part 3 - Setting Up Extensions On Your Telephone System
- DIY Telephone System Part 4 - Setting Up Incoming Calls
- DIY Telephone System Part 5 - Setting Up Outgoing Calls
If you are in the Greater Manchester area and need some help setting up your Pi telephone system then contact Peter at Burytec Telephone Engineer Manchester service.